Digests (also known as executive updates) provide an overview of you and your executive’s shared priorities. Whether a digest simply summarizes upcoming meetings or has detailed sections for questions, updates, and reminders, a well-written digest can have a major impact.
If you’re not regularly sending digests, here are a few reasons to reconsider:
- It’s a chance for you to review upcoming meetings, make sure your executive is well prepared, and set reminders for yourself as needed.
- It gives your executive a chance to fully review the week ahead, and realize any potential complications or necessary changes ahead of time.
- It serves as a status update for your daily work and is a more tangible expression of the many tasks you take on and accomplish.
- It encourages you to bundle your updates and questions into one succinct form of communication, rather than scattering them throughout the day.
- It’s a great way for you to start or end your day or week – with a thorough review of what’s pending.
Creating daily or weekly email digests is a worthwhile effort – but copying and pasting information from your executive's calendar is tedious and time consuming. That's why Base offers Digest Builder, a tool that allows you to automate the creation of beautiful executive updates in minutes.
Check out the below examples and get started today with Base Digests!