Every day, there are a multitude of questions, updates, and reminders that executives need to address in order for you to do your job. The problem is that executives are busy people who don’t have a lot of time to sift through the questions they receive via email, text, and Slack on a daily basis.
That’s why Base is thrilled to introduce our latest feature, Decision Stream! Decision Stream is a simple, live feed that gives busy executives the ability to respond to numerous questions in seconds. By streamlining the way you and your executive communicate, Base ensures that key decisions and updates are never missed, delayed, or forgotten.
How to Use Decision Stream
Login to Base and navigate to Decision Stream. There are two ways to create new questions.
- + Create a New Question - By clicking this button, a screen will appear that allows you to create your question, including response options, links and attachments.
- + Quick Add - The Quick Add option allows you to quickly jot down your question without having to fully flesh out the details. You can come back to the question to edit response options, links, attachments, etc.
In the pop-up window, choose between a number of question formats: single-select, multi-select, open response, or yes/no/other. You can also allow open responses, prioritize the question, and add attachments or links if needed. Click Save.
Once questions have been created, they will appear in Decision Stream’s draft column. Select the questions in the order in which you want your executive to answer them and click “share” to generate a custom link.
Share your questions with the executive by one of several delivery methods available, including:
- Copy the Link - The link can be sent via any number of communication tools, including Skype, Google Chat, Voxer, etc.
- Text the Link - The link will be delivered to your exec via SMS text. In the same way a reminder for an appointment is sent via text, Decision Stream links will be sent from the same number each time.
- Slack the Link - Once a connection exists between Base and Slack, the Decision Stream link can be delivered directly to Slack as a DM or to a channel.
- Add to Digest - See below.
Decision Stream links can be sent immediately or scheduled for a later delivery. If you ever need to edit, or entirely remove, a scheduled send, view all Streams, select the stream you'd like to edit and cancel the scheduled send.
When your executive clicks on the provided link, he/she will have the ability to make decisions in seconds.
Once sent to the executive, questions will appear in the “awaiting” column until they are answered. Your executive can choose to skip questions, but they will remain in the awaiting column until answered or archived. Answered questions will be displayed directly within the associated column, and you will be notified by email in real time.
Add Decision Streams to Digests
In addition to sharing the link directly with executives, you also have the option to include Decision Streams within your Base Digests. Use Digest Builder's tools to selection whichever Decision Stream you want to add.